Scholarships Additional Information
2014 Scholarship Sponsors
Attracting new talent is essential to the future of the plumbing-heating-cooling (p-h-c) industry. The PHCC Educational Foundation and its industry partners are teaming up to identify and aid students pursuing a career in the p-h-c industry. The purpose of these scholarship programs is to help students prepare for careers in the plumbing-heating-cooling (p-h-c) profession.
The PHCC National Auxiliary also awards over $25,000 in scholarship per year. You can access information the the National Auxiliary scholarship program and download application forms by visiting the Auxiliary Scholarship Information Page.
What Scholarships Are Awarded?There are up to 25 scholarship awards available from these sponsors:
Who is Eligible to Apply?
(1) Scholarships awarded through the PHCC Educational Foundation are designed to assist students who plan to major in a field of study directly related to the p-h-c industry. If an applicant plans to pursue a course of study in one of the approved major areas listed above, but the trade school, college or university uses a different name for their particular program, the applicant should submit official documentation from their school that describes the major and course of study.
(2) To be considered a full-time student, applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 semester hours of credit or the minimum number of credits required by the applicant's institution to qualify for full-time student status, whichever is greater.
(3) To be eligible for the PHCC of Massachusetts Auxiliary award, applicants must be also be a resident of Massachusetts. The PHCC of Massachusetts Auxiliary scholarship award has no restrictions on course of study.
(4) To be eligible for the PHCC of Texas Auxiliary award, applicants must be also be a resident of Texas. The PHCC of Texas Auxiliary scholarship award has no restrictions on course of study.
What Required Materials and Supporting Documents Must Be Submitted?
- A completed scholarship application form (see below) that is typed and signed.
- The supporting information materials specified on the application form.
- The required academic information specified on the application form. Applicants who are not able to submit test scores or other required academic information must submit a letter of explanation with their submission materials.
- A letter of recommendation from your high school principal or counselor, apprentice program instructor or college/university academic advisor or dean.
- A letter of recommendation from an active member of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors-National Association who has maintained active status for at least the one-year period prior to the date of the scholarship application. Applicants can search for a list of PHCC members in their area through the PHCC Web site. Note: PHCC members are not required to provide you with a letter of recommendation, it must be earned. Applicants should be willing to participate in an interview.
What is the Application Deadline?
Mail or fax completed application and supporting material to:
PHCC Educational Foundation
180 South Washington Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
You may also scan the materials and e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone: (800) 533-7694
Scholarship recipients are selected without regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, or disability.