Scholarships Additional Information
2017 Scholarship Sponsors
Attracting new talent is essential to the future of the plumbing-heating-cooling (p-h-c) industry. The PHCC Educational Foundation and its industry partners are teaming up to identify and aid students pursuing a career in the p-h-c industry. The purpose of these scholarship programs is to help students prepare for careers in the plumbing-heating-cooling (p-h-c) profession.
The PHCC National Auxiliary also awards over $25,000 in scholarship per year. You can access information the the National Auxiliary scholarship program and download application forms by visiting the Auxiliary Scholarship Information Page.
What Scholarships Are Awarded?For 2017, there are up to 41 scholarship awards available from these sponsors:
- A.O. Smith funds up to four $2,500 scholarships, including two "Charlie Wallace Service Award" scholarships.
- Bradford White Corporation funds up to three $2,500 scholarships.
- Delta Faucet Company funds up to six $2,500 scholarships.
- RIDGID Tool Company funds up to four scholarships of up to $1,000, plus $1,500 in tools.
- State Water Heaters funds one $2,500 scholarship.
- Anne Williams and the McGlame-Wordell Scholarship Committee funds one $2,500 Fran Williams Memorial scholarship.
- Gerry Kennedy funds one $2,500 scholarship with special consideration to applicants involved in Boy Scouts of America.
- PHCC of Massachusetts Auxiliary and PHCC Educational Foundation funds one $2,500 scholarship (restricted to MA residents).
- PHCC of Texas Auxiliary and PHCC Educational Foundation funds one $2,500 scholarship (restricted to Texas residents).
- The PHCC Past National Officers fund one $2,500 scholarship.
- The PHCC Educational Foundation and S. Jersey Mech. Contractors Association funds up to ten $1,000 scholarships, six $2,500 scholarships, and one $5,000 Charles F. Hiley, Jr. Memorial scholarship.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- A PHCC-approved plumbing or HVACR apprentice program. Students must also be working full-time for a licensed plumbing or HVAC contractor who is a member of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors-National Association. Approved courses of study are plumbing or HVACR installation, service and repair.
- A full-time certificate or degree program at an accredited two-year community college, technical college, or trade school, with a major directly related to the plumbing-heating-cooling (p-h-c) profession. Approved majors are: business management; mechanical CAD design; construction management with a specialty in mechanical construction; and plumbing or HVACR installation, service and repair.
- A full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited four-year college or university, with a major directly related to the plumbing-heating-cooling (p-h-c) profession. Approved majors are: business management; construction management with a specialization in mechanical construction; and mechanical engineering.
- A maximum of four employee scholarship applications per company will be accepted for consideration per year.
(1) Scholarships awarded through the PHCC Educational Foundation are designed to assist students who plan to major in a field of study directly related to the p-h-c industry. If an applicant plans to pursue a course of study in one of the approved major areas listed above, but the trade school, college or university uses a different name for their particular program, the applicant should submit official documentation from their school that describes the major and course of study.
(2) To be considered a full-time student, applicants must be enrolled in at least 12 semester hours of credit or the minimum number of credits required by the applicant's institution to qualify for full-time student status, whichever is greater.
(3) To be eligible for the PHCC of Massachusetts Auxiliary award, applicants must be also be a resident of Massachusetts. The PHCC of Massachusetts Auxiliary scholarship award has no restrictions on course of study.
(4) To be eligible for the PHCC of Texas Auxiliary award, applicants must be also be a resident of Texas. The PHCC of Texas Auxiliary scholarship award has no restrictions on course of study.
What Required Materials and Supporting Documents Must Be Submitted
- The supporting information materials specified on the application form.
- The required academic information specified on the application form. Applicants who are not able to submit test scores or other required academic information must submit a letter of explanation with their submission materials.
- A letter of recommendation from your high school principal or counselor, apprentice program instructor or college/university academic advisor or dean.
- A letter of recommendation from an active member of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors-National Association who has maintained active status for at least the one-year period prior to the date of the scholarship application or a PHCC chapter executive who is a current member of the Association Executives Council. Applicants can search for a list of PHCC members in their area through the PHCC Web site. Note: PHCC members are not required to provide you with a letter of recommendation, it must be earned. Applicants should be willing to participate in an interview. This letter or recommendation is optional, but strongly encouraged.
What is the Application Deadline?
Getting an Application Form & Submitting Your Application:
The application form is an Adobe PDF file with interactive fields to complete. Please see the instructions on the final page of the application form for how to submit your application materials digitally.
Phone: (800) 533-7694